Sports Massage is an excellent way to keep the body in good health, particularly the musculoskeletal system. It relieves tension and promotes good circulation and muscle metabolism. It also helps maintain proper joint position and body balance. It is applicable not just to sports people but to anybody wishing to guard against or recover from a soft tissue injury.
The techniques used by sports massage practitioners have been developed to ensure effective and efficient results are gained from each massage given. Sports massage may:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
If you are a sports performer, of any level, a sports specific massage can be beneficial at various stages of participation. For example:
- The conditioning / training phase
- Pre-competition – to help relax and rest pre-event
- Inter competition – to assist recovery between events with little respite time
- Post competition – to flush through excess waste produced during an event
- Post travel
- Injury prevention
- Injury recovery
Regardless of your experiences in sport or exercise, whether you exercise socially or compete to an international level – sports massage may have something to offer you.
Remedial massage therapy simply means using manual therapy techniques to try to “remediate” a problem. This requires an understanding of how the problem came about and how it can be avoided in the future. To achieve this, remedial massage applies a range of massage and advanced soft tissue techniques within a framework of assessment and rehabilitation procedures. As well as its application to a wide range of musculoskeletal problems it can also be used to assist in recovery from and reduce the symptoms of many medical conditions too.
If you would like to discuss your needs before booking an appointment, please email me by clicking here or call on 07775 691131.